The multi championship-winning MERITUS.GP race team is the exclusive race engineering services provider for the FIA F4 SEA. The team has been operating for over 30 years, and has been headquartered in Malaysia since 1995. With 36 FIA Asian motorsport titles, MERITUS.GP is an experienced race winner in Formula BMW, Formula Asia, Formula V6 and vice champions and race winners in the 2010 GP2 Asia Championship.
‘Creating International Racing Heroes’ has long been our motto, and to date nine of our drivers have tested or raced in F1. We support all our young up-and-coming racers with elite coaching, engineering and personal marketing and media training to bring out the best in each driver.
- Narain Karthikeyan: Narain won F/Asia 2000 championship in 1996 and progressed to Eddie Jordan’s Formula 1 team.
- Takuma Sato: 1999 Macau GP winner, won British F3, raced for Jordan Honda F1 teams, 101st Indy 500 champion 2017.
- Earl Bamber: Winner in F/BMW Asia, F/V6 Asia, GP2 Asia, Porsche Super Cup Series and 2015 Le Mans 24 Hours.
- Jazeman Jaafar: F/BMW winner, British F3, Petronas AMG Mercedes F1 team, now a works McLaren GT driver.
- Rio Haryanto: won F/BMW Asia Pacific with MERITUS, graduated to GP3 and GP2, joined the Manor F1 team in 2016.
- Alex Yoong: former F1 driver, raced in 2009 MERITUS.GP2 team, and multiple champion in Audi R8 Asia series.
- Alexander Rossi: MERITUS GP2 Asia, raced in Caterham and Manor F1 teams. In 2016 he won 100th Indy 500 event.
- Luca Filippi: joined MERITUS.GP2 in 2008 and 2010 helping the team become 2010 vice champions in GP2 Asia.
- Alvaro Parente: raced with MERITUS.GP2 team in 2009, going on to win the Pirelli GT World Challenge with McLaren.
- Afiq Ikhwan: MERITUS vice champion in 2011 F/BMW and in Formula Masters team in 2012 (2 points behind winner)
- Arjun Maini: 2013 AsiaCup winner, GP3 win at Spanish GP, signed with the new Hass F1 team as their reserve driver.
- Presley Martono: Presley was the first Formula 4 SEA Champion, currently races in the Formula Renault 2.0 EuroCup.
- Marchy Lee: MERITUS F/BMW Asia champion 2004, F/V6 Asia, Asian GTs, won the Audi R8 Championship in 2015.